Monday, March 14, 2011

I Like Coffee, I Like Bodyshop...

When I was single, I liked to pamper myself - uhhem - now and then.  This included buying Bodyshop's tubs of exfoliates and body scrubs.  Taipei's air pollution and nights at smokey bars really made it a necessity.  Recently, I went into Bodyshop, looking to buy some more of this exfoliate.  After reading the ingredients on the tub (salt, water, scent), I decided to see whether I could make something like this at home.  Here are my results:

1. Salt Scrub:  Get some salt (I used some sea salt from Costco), dig out that conditioner or liquid soap you don't like or that has expired, and find the perfume your ex-boyfriend or MotherInLaw in gave you for Christmas.  Mix them together.  Jump in the shower, and then rub this concoction over your limbs and torso.  Rinse.

2.  Coffee Leftover Scrub:  If you make your own coffee in a coffee machine, keep the granules.  Mix them in the same conditioner and scent as listed in (1).  If you have essential oil sitting round, throw some of that in instead.  This is a fantastic scrub for coffee lovers, and it really does cleanse the skin well.  The only issue I had was, you have to work hard to make sure you clean up all the granules after the shower.

Feeling good and TWD650/tub richer!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to experiment. I splurged on the Body Shop's sweet lemon scrub (880NT!) on a night when I was down in the dumps... got so addicted... went back and saw what I'd paid for it and couldn't bare to do it again!

    ReplyDelete